Family farm stays are some of the best holidays you can have. Your children will love the freedom of being on a farm, enjoying the outside, taking walks and petting the farm animals. You will enjoy a well-deserved break away from the hustle and bustle of city life and work.
Have you experienced staying on farms in Victoria?
We have researched the internet and have come up with 5 of the best fun-filled Victorian farm stays for families. Some of these are working farm stays where you get to experience actual life down on the farm and one is a unique stay on a cherry and fig property in the Yarra Valley.
Our Victorian farm stays are through Hotellook. As an affiliate of Hotellook, we earn a small commission from your booking. Our commission does not affect the price you pay.
Join our Farmcations Australia Facebook Group here
- 1 Farm Stays Near Melbourne
- 2 Tranquil Farm Cottage in Gembrook
- 3 Farm Stay Yarra Valley
- 4 Cherry Orchard Cabin – Yarra Valley Farm Stay
- 5 Great Farm Stays for Kids
- 6 Great Ocean Road Farm Stay – 2 x 2 Bedroom Cottages available in Johanna Victoria
- 7 Farm Stays near Mt Buller
- 8 Monbollok Rustic Cabin (15 mins from Mansfield) at Bridgecreek
- 9 Farm Stays Near The Macedon Ranges
- 10 Macedon Ranges Farmhouse at Mt William Olive Grove at Goldie in Victoria
Farm Stays Near Melbourne
The accommodation is suitable for 7 guests, 2 bedrooms, 5 beds, 1 bath
Latest Guest Review:
“This is a real gem of a place. We enjoyed our stay so much with the warm fires, garden, farm animals and nature. Our kids had so much fun. It was a world away from city life and a much needed recharge. Highly recommended!!!”
Location of Gembrook Farm Stay
Gembrook is located 66km from Melbourne. The 40-acre farm is located a few minutes drive from Gembrook.
Local wineries are 20 minutes away.
The Puffing Billy Train comes into Gembrook twice a day.
Gembrook Farm Stay details:
- Queen sized bed in the main bedroom
- 2nd bedroom – one double bed and 3 king-size bunk beds
- 2 large open living areas
- Country kitchen
- Wood heater
- Bathroom with shower and bath
- 4 person Spa
- Views over paddocks of horses and alpacas
- The farm’s chickens supply fresh eggs for breakfast, bacon and cereals are included in the price.
- Wildlife includes wallabies, tawny frogmouth owls, wombats, kookaburras, black cockatoos, sulfa-crested cockatoos and sometimes a koala
** Please note there is no Wi-Fi available.
Farm Stay Yarra Valley
The accommodation is suitable for 4 guests, 2 bedrooms, 2 beds, 1.5 baths
Latest Guest Review:
“I just want to say a huge thank you to Brigitte and John for the unforgettable and authentic farm stay we had at there beautiful Cherry orchard. I could not have picked a better place and with better people. Brigitte made my partner the yummiest cake for his 30th birthday! She also made sourdough bread and lots of other delicious homemade treats. My 5-year-old son loves it, and she gifted him a take-home art activity. The cabin was so clean and well presented. They thought of everything to make the stay homie and welcoming. We can’t wait to come to visit again”
Location of Cherry Orchard Cabin
Cherry Orchard Cabin is located on a 30-acre cherry and fig property one hour’s drive from Melbourne.
The town of Wandin is only a few minutes drive from Cherry Orchard Cabin. The townships of Olinda, Mt Dandenong, Sassafras, Belgrave, Warburton, Yarra Glen, Seville and Mt Evelyn are all within 10-20minutes scenic drive. The 160 wineries of Yarra Valley are within 20km.
Cherry Orchard Cabin Farm Stay details:
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Open-plan living room with free-standing gas log fire
- 2 bedrooms with Queen-sized beds
- Bathroom with shower and separate toilet
- Wildlife includes kangaroos, kookaburras and various other birds
Great Farm Stays for Kids
The accommodation is suitable for 5 guests, 2 bedrooms, 4 beds, 1 bath in 2 cottages.
Latest Guest Review
“Our family had a really fun and relaxed holiday on the farm. The animals are great for kids to interact with, with plenty of walking if you desire. The views from the cottages will never grow old. It is a great place to stay if you want to relax or see some of what the great ocean road has to offer.”
Location of Great Ocean Farm Stay in Johanna Victoria
The Farm Stays are located 2 minutes from Johanna Beach and 8 minutes from the nearest town of Lavers Hill.
The property is within driving distance of the major sights along the Great Ocean Road:
- 12 Apostles – 40 minutes
- Otway National Park – 20 minutes
- Cape Otway Light House – 20 minutes
- Otway Fly Tree top walk – 20 minutes
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Free wifi
- Pet friendly – you will need to check with the owners on booking
- great views from farm to the coast
- collect eggs from the chicken pen
- pick fruit from the orchard
- pick herbs and salad from the garden
- opportunities to pet and feed the sheep, goats, chickens, farm dogs, donkey, ponies, and if nearby, the Alpacas
- farm tour
Farm Stays near Mt Buller
The accommodation is suitable for 4 guests in 1 bedroom, 3 beds and 1 bath
Latest Guest Review:
“We loved Monbollok for a getaway from the city. We appreciated having three comfortable beds in the cabin. Our highlights were the beautiful sunsets on the farm property, cosy night in watching tv (didn’t need the fire at this time of year but it would have been lovely) and patting the goats. We also loved dinner in Mansfield at The Fields. Trudi and Jeremey were excellent hosts. Thank you!”
Location of Monbollok Rustic Cabin
Monbollok is located 15 minutes from Mansfield and a 50-minute drive to the top of Mt Buller
- accommodation is in a rustic tin shed cottage with ensuite bathroom
- wood heater
- spectacular views of Mt Buller
- cats, dogs, goats and chickens
- abundant wildlife such as kangaroos, echidnas, kookaburras
- fresh eggs from the farm hens
Farm Stays Near The Macedon Ranges
The accommodation is suitable for 6 guests, 3 bedrooms, 3 beds and 2 baths.
Latest Guest Review:
“What a great place to use as a warm, comfortable, central place to explore all that the Lancefield area has to offer. Melissa was so quick to answer all our questions and to make helpful suggestions. The house has amazing views and we got to experience some great sunsets. The house also caters for all of the little extras that u forget to take away on long weekends. Thank you, Melissa, for making our long weekend so special & for being so accommodating for early check-in and unforeseen changes to our itinerary. We can’t wait to come back to explore more of the beautiful countryside & meet the lovely people in the area. Now where else to stay for us!”
Location of Macedon Ranges Farmhouse
The townships of Lancefield and Kilmore are close by. Melbourne CBD is 1 hour away.
Two wineries are located at the end of the road.
- the farmhouse is set in 200 acres set in olive groves
- stunning views
- open wood fireplace
- 8 seat dining table
- 2 large outdoor terraces
- rustic but practical country charm kitchen (old combustion oven display)
- 8000 olive trees producing their own quality olive oil
- black angus cattle
- sheep cattle wombats foxes and a range of local bird wildlife
- fish for trout off their private jetty
- walking trails
- NB no Wifi is provided
Join our Facebook Group – Staycation Australia
Are you on Pinterest? We are at To Travel Too and we have many travel-related boards check us out at Pinterest. If you enjoyed our article why not pin it to your board.
Feel free to share our article with family and friends who would love to experience a Victorian Farm Stay.