Sydney, the vibrant and picturesque capital of New South Wales, offers a plethora of captivating experiences for both locals and visitors alike.
With its stunning waterfront, iconic landmarks, and rich cultural heritage, exploring Sydney is an absolute must-do. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking thrilling adventures, this article will guide you through the top 24 Sydney tours that promise to leave you with unforgettable memories.
From breathtaking harbour cruises to adrenaline-pumping bridge climbs and immersive cultural walks, get ready to embark on an extraordinary journey through Australia’s most dazzling city and enjoy the best Sydney day tours.
Sydney Australia has been named one of the most beautiful destinations in the world to visit.
The city of Sydney is framed by its glittering harbour, the iconic Sydney Opera House and the magnificent Sydney Harbour Bridge. You can travel back in time by visiting the historical Rocks area or wander through the newly created foreshore playground Barangaroo to Darling Harbour.
For ocean lovers you are spoilt. Sydney has two of the best beaches in the world. There is even rivalry between the two – Manly or Bondi on who will take out the coveted yearly title of Australia’s best beach.
You can board a ferry and visit some of Sydney’s top waterfront attractions such as Taronga Zoo or dine by the harbour at Watson’s Bay.
I am a local and I am passionate about our harbour city and what we can offer the visitor.
If you have time a day trip to see the Blue Mountains Attractions just 1.5 hours from Sydney is highly recommended.
Related Reading: How to Have An Affordable Holiday in Sydney
With so many things to do in Sydney, where do you start? Come with us whilst we share with you Sydney’s most popular tours.
I have to share with you a recent tour that I did of Sydney’s Chinatown – Local Street Food and Stories tour by Local Sauce Tours.
For 2 hours we wandered through parts of Chinatown that I had never set foot in, ate some of the best Chinese cuisine whilst hearing stories of the Chinese Australian Community and seeing some very interesting art works.
Check out our Sydney Vibe Video:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (if applicable).
Popular Sydney Tours:
Sydney’s #1 Tour – Sydney Opera House
Everyone recognises the Opera House in Sydney in photographs all around the world – it is our world-famous icon. Whether you first see the Opera House by cruise ship as you arrive in Sydney Harbour or by wandering through Circular Quay to the Opera House foreground, the Opera House impresses all that gaze at her.
We have chosen two popular day tours in Sydney for you to enjoy:
Opera House Tour – the #1 popular tour through our partners Get Your Guide. For 1 hour you are guided through the Opera House with one of their passionate and most knowledgeable guides. Your guide will tell tales and secrets of the Opera House’s 1000 rooms and 300 corridors. You may even witness a rehearsal or crew working on a new set. Don’t forget to take your camera as your guide will show you where to take the best photographs.
Sydney Opera House Tour with a Meal and a Drink
- Get your taste buds tingling with a meal at the House Canteen or Opera Bar
- Feast your eyes on sweeping views of Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge
- Take a walking tour of the theatres and foyers of the Sydney Opera House
- Enjoy a relaxed meal during your time at the House Canteen or Opera Bar
- Explore some of the opera house’s 1,000 rooms and 300 corridors
Learn About Our Local Nature & Wildlife
Our Australian animals such as the kangaroo, wallaby, koala, emus, platypuses and echidnas are unique and a favourite of visitors who come to our shores or to our city on a staycation.
Our top #3 family-friendly tours where you can get up close to see our native animals are:
Taronga Zoo – our full-day ‘skip the line ticket’ is the most popular. Taronga Zoo is located on the Northern shore of Sydney Harbour, just a short 12-minute ferry ride from Circular Quay. If you are coming by bus from the city you can catch the M30 from Stand T, Clarence Street, Wynyard. If you are driving there is parking available at $18 per day. Enjoy the many trails and bring a picnic basket for lunch. There are talks available with the keepers and shows to see.
Wildlife at Sydney Zoo is located at Darling Harbour. You can get up close and personal with Australian wildlife and wander the 9 themed habitat zones. Don’t forget to say hi to Rex the Crocodile whilst you are there, he is one of the most popular locals. There is an option with this tour to have breakfast with the koalas.
Walking with Wombats – 2 hours south of Sydney you can walk through rainforests, waterfalls, and blowholes and enjoy a twilight dinner with kangaroos and wombats before returning back to Sydney.
From Sydney Blue Mountains & Wildlife Park and River Cruise
- See Koala, hand feed a Kangaroo at Featherdale wildlife park..
- Beautiful lookouts, waterfall and famous landmarks.
- River cruise back to the city by River Ferry.
Sydney Adventure Tours
Sunrise Kayak Tour on Sydney Harbour
- Watch Sydney City come alive at dawn from our unique perspective from the water
- See iconic Sydney landmarks from our kayaks
- Start your day with an unforgettable sunrise kayak session and brekkie
Learn to surf on Bondi Beach – one of Sydney’s famous beaches. Learn from experienced Surf instructors in a small group of no more than 5. The lessons are perfect for first-timers or if you are relatively new to surfing.
- Sydney Harbour Thunder Thrill Ride
- Experience an exhilarating jet boat experience
- Take in the iconic sights of Sydney Harbour
- Race to speeds of up to 75 kilometres per hour
- Choose a bundle to enjoy entrance to attractions
Sydney Harbour Cruise and Boat Tours
2.5-Hour Whale Watching Sydney Tour Cruise from May to November – the yearly migration of humpback and Southern right whales occurs during these months. During your 2.5 hour cruise, you may also see pods of dolphins, orca and minke whales and more. The cruise departs from Darling Harbour.
Tall Ship Afternoon Cruise – sit back and enjoy a 90-minute cruise around Sydney Harbour whilst being entertained by the crew. Sail past the Opera House, Fort Denison and under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. There will be some great photo opportunities on this fun Sydney boat tour.
Sydney Harbour Cruise with a choice of 3 or 6-course menu – enjoy cruising around Sydney Harbour whilst enjoying modern Australian cuisine and listening to live music. Duration 1.5 – 2.5 hours.
- Sydney Harbour High Tea Relaxing Cruise
- Treat yourself to sweet and savoury delicacies as you sit back on a scenic cruise
- Navigate around Sydney Harbour and take in its most iconic landmarks
- Enjoy high tea snacks, from crystal bay prawns to chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Marvel at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Fort Denison
- Sip on a glass of crisp sparkling wine and purchase extra drinks from the bar<
Food & Drink Tours Sydney
Sydney The Rocks Pub Tour – a 2.5-hour guided Pub tour visiting 4 of the oldest pubs in The Rocks area of Sydney which was the place of the first settlement in Australia. Your Sydney food tour includes a pre or post-meal with a drink and tasting of craft beer, wine or soft drink at each of the 4 pubs.
6 Hour Small-Group Food & Drink Tour – Enjoy share plates with local craft beer and Australian Premium wines from 4 venues – Barangaroo, the Tramsheds in Rozelle, The Cannery in Rosebery and Spice Alley in Chippendale. You will be driven from venue to venue during the tour.
Sydney Attraction Tickets
Another one of Sydney’s top attractions is the Sealife Sydney Aquarium at Darling Harbour. Purchase your ‘skip the line’ ticket here and enjoy viewing over 700 species which includes sharks, penguins, platypuses, stingrays, dugongs and more.
Come face to face with the world’s most famous celebrities and enjoy interactive experiences such as a walk down the catwalk, strike a pose for the cover of a magazine or choose your new makeup look that is digitally enhanced onto your face.
Sydney: Go City Explorer Pass 3, 4, 5, or 7 Attractions
- Choose from the best in Sydney from the Sydney Opera House to a harbor cruise
- Enjoy the flexibility to choose a city pass with 3, 4, 5, or 7 attractions and tours
- Select from over 25 of Sydney’s most remarkable attractions, tours, and cruises
- Use your pass instantly from your phone for maximum travel convenience
- Receive a free digital app guide to download and decide where to go next
Sydney Street Art Tour & Multi-cultural Food Tasting
- Sample a range of multicultural snacks and cuisines
- See some of Sydney’s best street art with an expert guide
- Get an overview of Newtown’s history, architecture, art, bars, and restaurants
- Hear insider tips about the best bars and restaurants from your local guide
- Connect with locals and other visitors on this leisurely introduction to Sydney
From Sydney: Blue Mountains Aboriginal Experience Day Tour
- Zanza Wiradjuri Aboriginal guide
- Welcome the country ceremony and native
- Supporting the Aboriginal community
- Travel in a Mercedes-Benzes van, a small group for an intimate experience
- Discover the living stories of the land, plants, animals, and
Transport Ticket Options
Sydney & Bondi – Big Bus Open Top Hop on Hop off Bus – Top Sydney Bus Tour
- Explore the best of Sydney with a hop-on hop-off open-top bus tour
- Access 2 routes on the double-decker bus for a complete Sydney experience
- Hop on and off at any of the available stops by showing your mobile voucher
- Learn more about the city and its attractions from the onboard commentary
- See iconic sights such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
Depart from Circular Quay or Darling Harbour with stops at Watsons Bay, Luna Park, Taronga Zoo and Shark Island.
Sydney: City Highlights Guided Bus Tour with Bondi Beach
- Take in Sydney’s most breathtaking locations, such as the calm Rose Bay
- Travel safely aboard an air-conditioned bus and see the local highlights
- Acquire new knowledge of the city through interesting live commentary
- Discover Woolloomooloo, Kings Cross, and The Gap at Watsons Bay
- Stop for photos at beautiful sites, including the bustling Bondi Beach
Sydney Iconic Sights Bike Tour
- Unique, scenic sightseeing tour of Sydney by bicycle
- Marvel at the many breathtaking sights Sydney has to offer including The Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Observatory Hill
- Experience the beauty of The Rocks, Darling Harbour, The Royal Botanic Gardens, in addition to many other exciting attractions
Tours Beyond Sydney
Are you looking for tours beyond Sydney?
Check out these recommendations:
Sydney to Brisbane Adventure Tour
Start in Sydney and end in Brisbane! With the In-depth Cultural tour Sydney to Brisbane Adventure, you have a 7 days tour package taking you through Sydney, Australia and 7 other destinations in Australia. Sydney to Brisbane Adventure includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Your adventure covers the towns of:
Port Macquarie/Dorrigo National Park
Orara State Forest/ Byron Bay
5 Days – Southern Capitals – City meets the Bush
Start in Sydney and end in Melbourne! With the In-depth Cultural tour Southern Capitals – City Meets Bush (5 Days), you have a 5 days tour package taking you through Sydney, Australia and 4 other destinations in Australia. Southern Capitals – City Meets Bush (5 Days) includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Sydney to Canberra
Via Beechworth to Wangaratta
Melbourne City on the Bay
Farewell MelbourneBook here
- What Sydney attractions will you choose to do?
Where to Stay in the Sydney CBD
How to Get From Sydney Airport to the City
Transfer Between Airport & Hotels or Cruise Terminal
- Experience the convenience and ease of direct airport pickup
- Take in views from the shuttle that you wouldn’t get on the train
- Get tips from your driver about the local area and things to do
- Enjoy frequent and regular departures throughout the day
- Skip the taxi lines and relax with a shuttle service to the city centre
From Sydney Airport: One-Way Private Transfer to Sydney
- Enjoy convenient, reliable, comfortable private transportation
- This is a great way to skip the stress of having to stand in long taxi lines!
- All Inclusive Fare
Are you on Pinterest? We are at To Travel Too and we have many travel-related boards check us out at Pinterest. If you enjoyed our article why not pin it to your board?
In conclusion, Sydney offers a wide range of incredible tours that cater to all interests and preferences. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or adrenaline junkie, there is undoubtedly a tour in this vibrant city that will leave you feeling awe-inspired.
From exploring iconic landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge to immersing yourself in the natural beauty of the Blue Mountains and Bondi Beach, these top 24 Sydney tours provide unforgettable experiences for both locals and tourists alike.
So don’t miss out on the opportunity to discover the best of what this dynamic Australian city has to offer – embark on one (or more) of these tours and create lasting memories Down Under.