Are you looking for beach accommodation in Hoi An?
One of the most popular resorts is the Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa with its own private beach, luxury accommodation and many water sports to enjoy. You can read our Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort and Spa review here.
The Victoria Hoi An Hotel is a member of one of the largest Vietnamese Travel Groups in Vietnam – the TMG Hospitality Group.
(Editor Update 2022)
Related Reading (things to do in Hoi An)
We left our reservations too late for the Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa and could not book any accommodation. We were intrigued to see what we were missing out on so we ventured out to the Hoi An Resort ourselves and enjoyed a site inspection of the hotel rooms, suites, spa, restaurants, swimming pool and private beach and water sports.
The Victoria Hoi An Resort & Spa hosted us for a Saturday Night Seafood Buffet and a sidecar tour to Monkey Mountain with a gourmet picnic as part of their sidecar tours programme. Our opinions as always are our own.Check availability here Planning a trip to Vietnam read our ultimate travel guide here
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases (if applicable).
We have created our Facebook Group – Vietnam Travel Planning – to assist you in planning your next vacation to Vietnam. Come and join us and ask questions of our community.
- 1 First Impressions of the Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
- 2 Location
- 3 Our YouTube Video of Victoria Hoi An Resort & Spa
- 4 Accommodation Details
- 5 Hotel Facilities
- 6 Bars and Restaurants
- 7 Hoi An Travel: Tours Available from The Tours Desk at the Hotel
- 8 Sidecar Tours
- 9 More Information
- 10 Essential Travel Information for Visiting The Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
- 11 More Reading for Your Visit to Vietnam
- 12 Pinterest
- 13 Travel Shop
First Impressions of the Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa beautifully incorporates in its design Japanese, French, and Vietnamese elements and the architects have drawn inspiration from the UNESCO World Heritage Ancient Town of Hoi An.
From the minute you walk up the steps to the entrance of the Victoria Hoi An Hotel you know that you have arrived somewhere special, you will be presented with a view of the seemingly infinite pool with ongoing uninterrupted views of the sea and islands surrounding.
Either side of the entrance lies the accommodation which is made up of rooms overlooking the river, the gardens and villas that are ocean-facing. You feel as if you are walking through Hoi An’s Ancient Town. The terracotta buildings and walkways painted in the yellow hues of Hoi An Town and the traditional Vietnamese Lanterns take you back in time. Colourful bougainvillaea in terracotta pots lines the walkways.
The Hoi An Resort reception staff are quick to welcome you with their lovely Vietnamese smiles. The Reception area has a feel as if you have walked into a Colonial Mansion, with so much character, and comfortable lounges making you instantly feel at home and you feel that you don’t want to ever leave. Just look at the view of the swimming pool, it does not get any better than this!
The Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa is located on Cua Dai Beach 4.3 km from Hoi An’s Old Town. The scenic journey through the Old Town and rice fields just outside town takes approximately 15 minutes. Danang International Airport is 30 minutes away. The Resort has been designed to represent local fishing villages and laneways, ponds and village houses.
Our YouTube Video of Victoria Hoi An Resort & Spa
For the latest deals and reservations:
The Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa has 109 rooms:
- 32 River View Rooms with wooden floors and warm colours offer great views of the Thu Bon River.
- 24 Garden View Rooms are inspired by Vietnamese décor and feature beautiful garden views.
- 24 Deluxe Rooms feature high ceilings overlooking the lush gardens.
- 24 Junior Suites Ocean View feature a traditional colonial or Vietnamese theme overlooking the ocean.
- 04 Victoria Suites Ocean View feature a spectacular view over the ocean
All tastefully decorated with influences from Vietnam, Japan and French Colonial styles.
- a Kids Club
- Free shuttle to and from Hoi An Old Town
- Tai Chi Class
- Swimming Pool
- Children’s Pool
- Fitness Centre
- Table Tennis
- Beach volley
Watersports on offer:
- Topcat K3 sailboat
- Basket boats (traditional Vietnamese Fishing Boats)
- Paddle Boards
- Sailing tuition
Victoria Spa & Beauty:
- Hair and Nail spa
- Steam Bath
Bars and Restaurants
All-day snack menu by the pool. Open between 09.00 am and 12.30 am. You can relax and read a book here or enjoy watching water sports in front of you.
Reminiscent of the era of the Cham people the Cham Bar features leather lounges, vintage fans, stone walls and Cham statues. You can enjoy a drink on the deck that overlooks the pool. A live band plays on selected evenings. The Cham Bar is open from 09.00 to 12.30 am.
Experience Old World Charm in the Elephant Bar whilst watching your favourite Sports on their widescreen TV. The bar is open from 09.00 to 12.30 am.
L’Annam Restaurant – Special Seafood Buffet with Traditional Dancing
We were invited by Victoria Hoi An Resort to enjoy their special seafood buffet with local traditional dancing on the following Saturday night after the sidecar tours.
As the evening showed little signs of rain tables were set out around the pool. The seafood buffet exceeded our expectations, with so many options for local fresh seafood available. Just to whet your appetite if you are a seafood lover:
Salad dishes included shrimps, scallops, clams and sushi
Starters included tuna, salmon, blue crab and oysters
On the grill – tiger prawns, fish, kingfish, sardines and scallops
Claypots included mackerel, sea bass, red snapper and squid
If you are a vegetarian, there are delicious options available from the a la carte menu e.g. goats cheese spring rolls with beetroot dressing and Vietnamese fresh herbs and Banh Xeo pancakes with vegetables and herbs with soy sauce.
You must leave room for dessert if you can!
The hotel offers an extensive wine list with wines from all over the world available.
The evening performance from the Vietnamese traditional dancers was mesmerising. Each dance represented daily Vietnamese life, the music was catchy and the dancers were colourfully dressed in traditional dress. A perfect end to the evening’s dinner.
Hoi An Travel: Tours Available from The Tours Desk at the Hotel
- A half-day tour to Tra Que Vegetable Village by bicycle which includes a cooking demonstration and lunch
- A full-day tour to the Tra Nhieu Fishing Village by car. A boat ride is included as well as a bicycle ride through local villages. Lunch is included in the tour.
- Lantern Making in Hoi An Old Town. A visit to the Tra Que Vegetable Farm and lunch is included in the tour. You return to the hotel by bicycle through the countryside.
- A 4-hour tour by car and boat visiting Thanh Ha Pottery and Kim Bong Carpentry Village. Lunch is enjoyed in a local restaurant in Hoi An along the Thu Bon River.
- A half-day bicycle tour around Hoi An through the countryside with lunch at a local restaurant included.
- A half-day cooking class at Tra Que Vegetable Village learning how to make local dishes such as Tam Huu rolls, Banh Xeo and spring rolls.
- A Fish and Chips Tour by boat and bicycle with the opportunity to take part in a basket boat race. Lunch is included at a local restaurant.
- A one-hour shuttle boat ride to Hoi An Old Town on the Victoria Hotel’s boat.
- A 3-hour boat trip to Kim Bong Carpentry.
- A 4-hour Sunset Boat Trip on the River which includes dinner at a local restaurant.
- A 2-hour excursion by boat to Bay Mau Coconut Forest which includes a ride in a traditional basket boat.
- A half-day excursion to Cham Islands by speed boat that includes a historical display, a visit to a century-old temple and lunch at Bac Beach.
- A 3-hour walking tour of the Hoi An Ancient Town
- A 5-hour tour by Minibus to Marble Mountain and the Cham Museum.
- A 4-hour journey to My Son Holy Land by Minibus. My Son is known as the Angkor Wat of Vietnam.
- A 3-hour journey to Marble Mountain by Minibus
- A 3-hour visit to the Cham Museum in Danang.
- A full-day tour to Hue by Minibus that includes a visit to the Imperial City, the Thien Mu Pagoda and the Royal Tomb of Tu Duc.
Related Reading: What To Do and Where To Stay in Mai Chau
If riding through the Vietnamese countryside visiting Monkey Mountain, Marble Mountain, local villages and more excites you then a sidecar tour is highly recommended. For information on what to expect and the many tours available you can read more here.
Essential Travel Information for Visiting The Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
Danang International Airport is located 30 minutes from the Hoi An Resort. Contact the hotel for transfer details.
The Victoria Hoi An Resort offers a shuttle service to and from Hoi An Ancient Town.
Travelling Around South East Asia
Flights to Danang
Find the cheapest flights with Skyscanner our ‘go-to’ when booking and researching flights throughout the world.
We recommend taking out travel insurance as soon as you book your flights and pay deposits on any cruises, tours or hotels.
Visa for Vietnam
Most visitors to Vietnam will require a Visa. It is an easy process. Check below for more details.
More Reading for Your Visit to Vietnam
Are you on Pinterest? We are at To Travel Too and we have many travel-related boards check us out at Pinterest. If you enjoyed our article why not pin it to your board.
Have you tried our favourite travel item yet? Packing cubes! We have over 350+ travel-related products in our Travel Shop.