- 1 Our Guide on How Easy It Is to Get A Vietnamese Visa on Arrival With iVisa
- 2 How to apply for your Vietnamese Visa on Arrival
- 3 What Type of Visa Are You Applying For
- 4 Who Needs A Vietnamese Visa on Arrival for Vietnam
- 5 Step One
- 6 Step Two
- 7 Step Three
- 8 Processing Time
- 9 Payment
- 10 Order Number
- 11 Confirmation Email
- 12 Second Confirmation Email
- 13 Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- 14 On Arrival at either Danang, Saigon or Hanoi International Airport
- 15 Our Experience at Danang Airport
- 16 Arrival at Hanoi Airport
- 17 Cheap Bus Tickets and Tickets for Rail and Ferry Bookings:
- 18 Accommodation in Vietnam
- 19 Recommended Reading:
Our Guide on How Easy It Is to Get A Vietnamese Visa on Arrival With iVisa
When you google how to get a Vietnamese Visa on Arrival there are so many options available it can be quite overwhelming and confusing.
How do you choose the right company? You need a company that is reliable and trustworthy and has a good reputation. After working through the list we had decided to place our Vietnamese Visa on Arrival application in the hands of iVisa who had excellent reviews and who were also featured on the BBC and in the New York Times. They will handle it all for you.
They were so efficient and reliable that ivisa are now a partner of ours. We use them regularly.
Planning a trip to Vietnam read our ultimate travel guide here
We have created a Facebook Group – Vietnam Travel Planning – for all things travelling in Vietnam. Ask our community any questions you may have on visiting Vietnam. We look forward to having you onboard.
NB: If you are travelling by bus and crossing land borders you need to apply for your visa from a Vietnamese Embassy.
Quote from iVisa website: ”
- Visa on Arrival works at any of Vietnam’s five international airports: Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City); Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi); Danang Airport (Da Nang); Cat Bi Airport (Hai Phong); or Cam Ranh Airport (Nha Trang). There will be no problems travelling between these five airports.”
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (if applicable). We are an affiliate for iVisa.
How to apply for your Vietnamese Visa on Arrival
What Type of Visa Are You Applying For
There are four types of Visas:
- e-visa for 30 days single entry
- Visa on arrival for 90 days single entry
- Visa on arrival for 30 days multi-entry
- Visa on arrival for 90 days multi-entry
We will show you the steps required to apply for your Vietnamese Visa on Arrival. It is so easy and quick. The initial application took 20 minutes from start to finish, it would have been quicker except I was taking screenshots and photos to assist you in your application process.
Ensure your passport has at least 6 months validity on it to enter the country.
Enjoy our article on the TOP 15 MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES TO VISIT IN VIETNAM
Who Needs A Vietnamese Visa on Arrival for Vietnam
Fill your details in from the iVisa form below :
- Choose your country from the drop-down box
- Choose where you are travelling to
You will be taken to this screen. Note the green box at the bottom “A visa is required. We can assist in processing this document.”
This is a straightforward form:
- Your email address is required to confirm the application and to send your visa letter
- Arrival date – note this is a drop-down box
- Departure date – note this is a drop-down box. If you are applying for a multi-entry this is the last day that you will leave Vietnam
- A telephone Number is required
- Port of Arrival – must be one of the 3 airports that you can enter Vietnam on – Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and Danang.
- Applicant #1 – fills in details as required
- Visa type – drop-down box for the visa type and the cost
- If there is more than 1 applicant – you will be able to fill in their details as well
Standard Processing Time: 3 business days
Rush Processing Time: 1 business day
Super Rush Processing Time: 8 hours
NB: There are extra processing costs for the Rush and Super Rush Processing days.
Payment is via Paypal or via Credit Card.
Once payment is completed you will be given an order number and a section to create a password so that you can track your lodgement.
You should receive a confirmation email shortly after payment has been made. Our confirmation email went into Spam – so check your Spam Folder if you have not received it within 20 minutes.
Second Confirmation Email
A second confirmation email was received 24 hours later to advise that the visa application process was underway.
Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
4 working days later we received our Vietnam Visa Approval Letter.
Part of the Vietnam Visa Approval Letter shown below. NB: visa approvals are submitted in bulk. You will notice that other applications will appear on your Vietnam Visa Approval Letter. Check that all your details are correct.
On Arrival at either Danang, Saigon or Hanoi International Airport
Your iVisa is only applicable when you arrive at one of the above international airports.
Our Experience at Danang Airport
As we entered the Immigration Area there are signs – No Photographs Allowed – so we cannot show you the actual process.
As you come down the stairs to Immigration there is a booth in front of you that states Visa on Arrival – Payment. At this booth, they will ask you to complete another visa form with all your details of your passport and visa application. Once completed return to the booth, where the form will be checked and taken to a back office. After about a 10 minute wait your passports are returned with the visa stamp in it. Please check this stamp – make sure if you are requesting a multiple entry that it is shown and that the expiry date is 30 or 90 days from today’s date. If all is correct they will then ask you for the USD25 or USD50 per person visa fee depending on whether you have requested 30 or 90 days. All you need to do now is head to one of the Immigration queues. This was an easy process, it took about 20 minutes.
Arrival at Hanoi Airport
On arrival at Hanoi Airport as you come down the escalator, the Booth will be on your left. The same procedure as above applies.
Cheap Bus Tickets and Tickets for Rail and Ferry Bookings:
For the best ticket deals and information for your travels around South East Asia we use 12goAsia.Check schedules and ticket prices here
Accommodation in Vietnam