Are you travelling to Ho Chi Minh City and wondering where to stay?
District One is our preferred location in Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon) as you are close to the major tourist sites, restaurants and bars.
If you are after luxury accommodation, centrally located, with great restaurants and bars you can’t go past the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel.
Our stay was sponsored by the Pullman Saigon Centre, but, as always, our opinions are our own.Planning a trip to Vietnam read our ultimate travel guide here
Join our new Facebook Group – Vietnam Travel Planning. Our group and our community is there to assist you in the planning of your next vacation to Vietnam.
Click below to check the prices for your dates of travel.
- 1 Our YouTube Video on the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel
- 2 PRO-TIPs on Security
- 3 Ho Chi Minh City Map
- 4 Special Events
- 5 Accommodation at the Pullman Hotel
- 6 General Information on the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel
- 7 For Reservations at Pullman Saigon Centre
- 8 Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel Address:
- 9 Restaurants and Bars at Pullman Saigon Centre
- 10 Flight Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
- 11 Bus/Train Travel Around Vietnam
- 12 Pinterest
Our YouTube Video on the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel
Is it Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon? You will hear people say both but officially since 1976, it was renamed Ho Chi Minh City to celebrate the reunification of Northern and Southern Vietnam after the end of the Vietnam War.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information.
PRO-TIPs on Security
In general Ho Chi Minh City is a safe city for travellers. The concierge at the Pullman Hotel warned us to beware of our surroundings at all times. There is a high incidence of ‘snatch and grab’ from motorcycle riders, so don’t flash your phone around in front of you and make sure that your handbag is securely fastened over your body. Keep your camera safe and close to you whilst sightseeing.
Avoid wearing singlets, shorts and revealing clothes when visiting temples or pagodas.
Ho Chi Minh City Map
It is all about location in Ho Chi Minh City. The best place to stay in Ho Chi Minh City is District One.
One of the reasons we chose the Pullman Saigon Centre was its location to the major sites and being in District 1.
We love their tag lines “Our World is Your Playground” and “Work Hard Play Hard”.
If walking is not your thing it is easy to travel around the city by taxi. We use Grab in Vietnam which is the Asian version of Uber.
Download the Grab App before you arrive in Vietnam, and make sure you have a SIM card.
Enjoy the convenient and instantly available eSIM data plans for Vietnam. Choose from a variety of options and activate your eSIM anywhere on your journey in Vietnam.
Staying in District 1 puts you right in the heart of the hustle and bustle, close to restaurants and bars. From the Pullman Saigon, the best things to do in Ho Chi Minh City are in walking distance:
- Ben Thanh Market 15 minutes walking 1km
- Fine Arts Museum 15 minutes walking 1 km
- The City Hall 2 km walk or 5 minutes by car
- Opera House 2 km walk or 5 minutes by car
- Bitexco Tower 2 km walk or 5 minutes by car
- War Remnants Museum 2.4 km or 8 minutes by car
- Notre Dame Cathedral 2.5 km or 10 minutes by car
- Post Office Central 2.5 km or 10 minutes by car
- Reunification Palace 2.5 km or 10 minutes by car
The Pullman Hotel runs a complimentary Shuttle Bus that departs the Pullman Saigon Centre:
and travels to the Ben Thanh Market, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Opera House, Bitexco Tower and then back to the Pullman.
Sign up for their special offers here to stay in touch with their special yearly events.
On Independents Day 2nd September you can view the Fireworks Display from the Pullman Saigon Centre.
New Years’ Eve bookings need to be made well in advance – there are only 100 spots to see the New Year in.
Accommodation at the Pullman Hotel
The Pullman Saigon has 306 signature rooms all designed for comfort, functionality and connectivity.
We sleep very well at Pullman Hotels and it is because of their Pullman Signature Beds and their crisp luxury Egyptian cotton linen. You can even design your own pillow menu from their special sleep pillow menu collection.
- 154 rooms from the 9th floor and higher
- 40″ LED IPTV with international channels
- City views
Our very comfortable Deluxe room.
Hot tip: Request a corner room for amazing views over the city from the bedroom and the bathroom.
- designer bathtub with views
- separate rain shower
- Espresso Coffee Machine
- 40″ TV
- 80 rooms from the 22nd floor and higher
- 55 rooms from the 25th to 29th floor
- Executive Lounge Access with complimentary breakfast, special check-in and check out, evening pre-dinner cocktails, all-day coffee and tea, the use of the boardroom, in-room fitness for executive business travellers of a yoga mat and dumbells
- private living room
- on Executive Floors with access to the Executive Lounge
- 46″ LED TV
- Espresso machine
- yoga mat and dumbells
- a sliding partition between the bedroom and living room
Pullman Signature Suite
- 1 bedroom studio
- private deep soak bathtub
- 46″ LED TV
- Bose Sound Dock
- yoga mat and dumbells
- Executive Lounge
- Espresso coffee machine
- 160m2 of sheer opulence
- 180-degree city views on the 29th floor
- spacious living room
- dining area
- study room
- master bedroom
- state of the art entertainment system
- 46″ TV
- yoga mat and dumbells
- Executive Lounge
General Information on the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel
The Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel offers:
- 306 signature rooms
- all-day dining restaurants
- pop up burger bar
- free Wi-Fi throughout
- outdoor swimming pool
- fitness centre
- high tech meeting venue for up to 500 people
For Reservations at Pullman Saigon Centre
Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel Address:
148 Đường Trần Hưng Đạo, Phường Nguyễn Cư Trinh, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh 070000, Vietnam
Restaurants and Bars at Pullman Saigon Centre
Food Connexion on the 3rd floor is open daily for breakfast and all-day dining till 10.00 pm.
Food Connexion offers specialist dining, examples during the month we visited:
- Seafood Buffet from Friday to Sunday nights from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm
- Funday Brunch on Sundays from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm
- Flavours of Asia from Monday to Thursday from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm
You can enhance your buffet experience with their special beverages offer for the month for adults that includes:
- free flow juices
- free-flow soft drinks
- red and white wines
Located on the ground floor and is open daily from 07.00 am to 11.00 pm. Check out their ‘burger of the month’ specials.
Each month the Pullman Saigon Centre creates their own Signature Cocktails at the Urbane Lounge. We loved their Blanco Margaretto which included Olmeco Tequila, Amaretto Liqueur, Orange Juice and Hazelnut Syrup.
Check out their Combo specials as well. Whilst we were visiting they had a Hawaii Burger that included 1 glass of local beer and french fries for VND380 nett. Make sure you are hungry when you go for the Combo burgers. The Hawaii Burger included 2 chuck roll beef patties, cheddar cheese, and pineapple in a classic burger bun. Have you heard of free-flow french fries? Yep, free flow. A good reason to visit the Urbane Lounge.
Craft beer is a new trend in Saigon and the Urbane Lounge was one of the first gourmet burger bars selling craft beer from Pasteur Street Brewing Co.
Check out the wine prices. The hotel prides itself on keeping its wines affordable, you will find the same prices in the local grocery store and on the menus in each of their restaurants and bars.
The Pool Bar on the 6th Floor is adjacent to the outdoor swimming pool. The Bar is open for snacks from 10.00 am to 7.30 pm. It is a great menu with items such as:
- Poke Bowl with salmon, avocado, cucumber, edamame, radish, pickled ginger, rice, tomato and teriyaki sauce
- Smoked Salmon Wrap
- Vegetable Chips
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
and if you enjoy beer you can order a Bucket of Beer either Saigon Special, Heineken or Tiger
Mad Cow Wine & Grill
Location on the 30th Floor and open from 4.00 pm to 12.00 am. With 50 different wines to choose from, you could visit once a week for a whole year just to sample their wine delights.
Every Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday they have specials.
If you enjoy the best of meat from all around the world, you will not want to miss the opportunity of trying Mad Cow’s Mad Wagyu Beef Trio which includes:
- Korean style brisket with gochujang sauce
- Argentinian style flank steak skewer with chimichurri sauce
- Mediterranean hanging tender, red wine sauce, smashed garlic potatoes
The specials range from:
- When you buy a signature cocktail you can enjoy 50% off all tapas for the night
- Enjoy a bucket of 3 Pasteur Street beers for only VND400 nett
- Choose a Mad Sharing Signature dish and supersize your bottle of wine to a Magnum
- Seafood & Sauvignon Sunday – share a charcoal-grilled seafood board for 2 and enjoy 2 glasses of Sauvignon Blanc
You can enjoy 180 stunning-degree views from the Rooftop Bar on the 31st floor which is accessed from Mad Cow. You must try one of their Tiki Cocktails – they are wicked.
Tapas on the Rooftop is perfect for pre and post-dinner drinks with specials on their tapas whilst you reside in comfort in their laid-back comfortable chairs. Believe us, you will not want to leave.
Urbane Lounge on the Ground Floor available from 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Pool Bar on the 6th Floor available from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Mad Cow Wine & Grill on the 30th Floor available from 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Rooftop Bar Cocktails & Tapas (access from Mad Cow) on the 31st Floor available from 5.00 to 7.00 pm
Thann Sanctuary for the best Spa Treatments in Ho Chi Minh City
The Thann Sanctuary at the Pullman Saigon Centre Hotel has been voted as one of the Top Best Spas in the world by Conde Nast Traveller. That is saying a lot, there is so much competition these days in Spas and Wellness Centre.
During your stay, you must try their Signature Treatments. There are two available either the Thann Sanctuary Signature Massage for 90 minutes or their Nano Shiso Therapy for 130 minutes.
Thann Sanctuary offers a range of heavenly relaxing treatments:
- 6 massage treatments,
- 4 facial treatments,
- 1 body scrub
- 4 packages that cover stress, soul remedy, unveil the beauty and total serenity.
The Spa is open from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm. Reservations are required.
Flight Deals to Ho Chi Minh City
Find the cheapest flights with Skyscanner who then directs you to the airline’s website with no extra fees to pay.
Need an airport transfer?
Related reading: Vietnam Airport Guide
Bus/Train Travel Around Vietnam
For the latest schedules and ticket prices click here.
Are you on Pinterest? We are at To Travel Too and we have many travel-related boards check us out at Pinterest. If you enjoyed our article why not pin it to your board.
We hope you enjoyed our article on the Pullman Saigon Centre in Ho Chi Minh City. Feel free to reach out to us and ask any questions you may have. We would definitely base ourselves again at the Pullman Saigon Centre for location and for luxury accommodation and great service.
We recommend that you take our travel insurance. The best time to take out your policy is when you book flights and hotels and pay deposits on tours and cruises.